BOOKENDING SPRING 2019 STARTS TODAY WHICH MEANS IT’S APRIL Y’ALL! Haha I mean can we tell I’m super excited for Bookending Spring? This months goals are gonna be slightly different, as I also run the Tidyathon alongside the Bookend Events.
I’m also taking part in the Tidyathon…sooooo my goals combined with my Tidyathon list. As i want to outline what goals I’m aiming for, along with my Tidyathon list/goals.
- Eat healthier food: cut out crisps (chips) from my diet, most sugary foods too
- Self Love/Acceptance: Be able to look in the mirror and not always hate what I see (for the record, mirrors are rude and society’s “standards” suck)
- Grades: Finish my College course and get the grades I wanted (this will happen half way through the year eeeeek!)
- reply to comments: this isn’t a priority this month simply because my energy, time and focus is on BEspring19 and the Tidyathon. I will still reply when I get a chance to, but I’ve decided to ease up on the pressure I’ve been putting myself under to reply to ALL comments.
- boost & support BEspring19 participants: I’m beyond excited to see what everyone’s going to come up with this time around. Sam and I have both been working our asses off, trying to organise everything. So whilst I’m aiming to boost and support you guys partaking in the event, please, please don’t feel bad/under appreciated or anything if Sam or I haven’t swung by and commented on your posts.We’re still learning, this is the 3rd ever event we’ve put on and the 2nd one to follow the Bookend Events style. We know we’ll suck, but we’re trying our hardest, just have patience with us.
- Schedule 99% of April posts: The past two events have taught Sam and I a lot, the main thing is it can get overwhelming quickly for us both. Trying to give out our support, love, blog hop and also stay on top of the regular stuff we do normally. It’s a lot, never mind writing up blog posts for the event. Sooo I did start this in March and I do have a few posts already scheduled for April. But I would ideally like them to be mostly scheduled. So I can not stress.
- Schedule most of May and some of June: Planning ahead is like my brand? I don’t know, I do know I need to be able to visually see what’s coming up. Which is why I’m experimenting with a new layout for erm my planning. Making use of my BuJo and part of my desk…we’ll see if this helps.
- Keep Writing: 100 words or 3,000 words I don’t care this month how much I write, or what it’s written for as long as I don’t got the whole month without writing.
- read a book: I read a book last month, so we’ll aim for another this month just because things get hectic with running an event.
- GYST days: you know the drill, they’re here to stay. I’m going to be switching up how I go about my GYST days though, so we’ll see how that goes.
- Weds = Social Media Free: Keeping Weds as a social media free day, I’m also going to be trying to not mindlessly go on social media when I’m procrastinating. Instead if I go on it, it’s to engage/interact/boost/promote etc.
- Sleep Schedule: Last month, I wanted to wake up around 6am consistently for the entire month. I can tell you all, that the latest I got up was just after 8am (on one day only). Yep, you read that right. March was me on every other day, waking up consistently between 6am-7am. Weekends, college days and the days I had no college…I was still up at that time. This month, the goal is to maintain this wake up time and continue tracking it in my sleep log, in my BuJo.
If you want to find out more about the Tidyathon, Bookend Events as a whole or specifically Bookending Spring 2019 then click away friends. Sign ups for the event close Sunday 14th April so be sure to sign up sooner rather than later!
I’m not going to be focusing on my blog this Tidyathon…oh no this time it’s all about Goodreads, my clothes and bedroom. If you’re taking part in the Tidyathon, don’t think you have to plan to do as much as me. You do however much you feel you can manage, I’m going to be dedicating all of April to my tidying efforts. So there’s that.
- transfer my reviews over from my blog
- write up outstanding reviews on GR
- organise my books into correct shelves
- go through each book and add in any needed details
- sort out my ducking bio & update profile pic
- make sure all my formats are correct
I’m not gonna lie, my chest of draws and wardrobe are a mess of clothes. Half my leggings have holes in them, some t-shirts won’t fit me anymore and I just…I need a ducking clean out of my clothes. There’s a high chance my parents are gonna wonder if I’m ill, when I do this 😉 cause I’m erm lazy.
The aim here, is to sort out the clothes I’m keeping, the ones which no longer fit/have holes in, sort them into piles according to clothing type. Rearrange them in my draws and wardrobe.
- vest tops
It’s a mess…still I’m not gonna try and act like it’s tidy it’s not. Hopefully I can make it look better this month.
- bookcases & bookshelves ORGANISE THE BOOKS
- mini desk – clear the top and sort out the stuff underneath so I can make it a place for bookstagram things
- tidy the top of my chest of draws
- hoover (or vacuum if that’s what you say hehe)
I may add things onto this list, throughout the month, so to stay up to date with my progress, feel free to follow me the Bookend Events twitter as that’s where I’ll be updating you all!
Did you set any goals for March? How’d they go if you did? If you set goals for the year how are they going? Anyone taking part in the Tidyathon or/and Bookending Spring? I’m contemplating giving either weekly updates on my Tidyathon progress or just updating as I go on Twitter. Do any of you have a preference of blog updates to twitter updates?