Are you guys ready for the best thing ever? Ok well maybe not the best thing ever, I mean come on, it’s not books. Still, as some of you may have known originally Sam and I co-organised Blogoween which was pretty damn successful. It was also a great experiment and our first try. Now, as we’re fast approaching December, we’ve been scheming, plotting, planning and we are both incredibly excited to share BOOKEND EVENTS with you all!
Now some of you may be wondering Hang on, I thought we were having Blogmas? or maybe I thought Blogoween was happening again next year?. The answers my friends, lie below…where everything is explained.
Please remember that Bookend Events is created by myself and Sam @ Fictionally Sam. We both wanted to plan events, for the long term, we also love the book blogging community. So this is us, doing our best to give back to you lot, hopefully create events you enjoy taking part in!
What Is It?
Bookend Events is a quarterly event that aspires to bring the book blogging community closer together! Home to not only Blogoween, but also #Tidyathon and other amazing events throughout the year. Bookend events is also active participants in several various readathons throughout the year as well!
How Can I Join?
You can join by filling out the form, for the upcoming event. The link to the form will be in the relevant event announcement post.
What Counts As Taking Part?
Any of these things will count across ALL events. But for specifics, we suggest you check the announcement for the upcoming event to see a list of all possible ways to join in on the fun.
- Posting 3 times, using your own ideas or using Host prompts (minimum on your blog)
- Taking part in the Tidyathon!
- Book reviews DON’T count as part of the event – but you’re more than welcome to still post them throughout the month. Just remember they won’t count as part of your 3 posts
- Not restricted to a theme/topic – you can post about whatever you want, however, we do encourage discussion posts and/or creative post types as to branch out and have fun!
- We may have loose themes for each event, but you don’t need to follow these themes!
- General Topic Ideas: Discussion Posts, Tags/Awards, Memes, Writing Themed Posts, Blogging Themed Posts etc.
- You MUST include the Bookend Events logo somewhere on/within your post, this is so we know which posts are part of the event/got inspired through the event. It also helps us with blog hopping.
We have an official twitter for the event, where you can keep up to date with our plotting, as well as us just chatting to you guys. What you’re up to, and what’s been going on with us. Remember, this may be a quarterly event but it’s focused on community, productivity and creating our own support network of cheering people on.
- Follow us there @bookend_events
- Feel free to share your posts for the event on there, with the relevant # (check relevant announcement post for that)
- If you want to be doubly sure, we won’t miss your post, @ the official twitter account in your tweet
Months In Between?
- You can expect us to be active both on our PERSONAL twitters as well as on @bookend_events! We will do our best, to keep the events twitter account active, all year round in some shape or form. However, please bear with us, as we try and find our niche and balance with it!
So, whether you’re new to this book blogging thing, have been doing it for a while…maybe you’re a seasoned book blogger and you feel the passion dying? Whatever your situation, this is for everyone whose blog falls into the book niche somehow.
Blogging isn’t easy, no matter where your niche lies; and even harder still as you try to keep on top of things. So our events are planned with book bloggers in mind–to help you be the best possible and make some friends on the way too.
What does this mean?
It means we include things that basically help check things off your to-do list. All of these things can be done within these quarterly events.
- Writing and posting blog posts – great for staying active on the blog
- The tidyathon is a great way to help stay organised, with the blog and on Goodreads
- Readathons which fall within the event month count too – yes reading can count too!
These three things that us book bloggers struggle with, are the main things to all of our events. Sounds pretty awesome to us, obviously we’re not biased having created and organised these events hehe.
(this section will be updated with new and relevant information/links, so make sure you bookmark this post to find all relevant links in one place)
Upcoming Event: Bookending Spring 2019 (link to come)
Running Time: 1st April 2019 – 30th April 2019
Participants Sign Up Form (link to come)
Just so you’re aware, Sam will also have this post up on her own blog. As we’re partners in this, equals and so any official announcements, relating to Bookend Events will be signed off from us both. (yes I merged our sign offs, yes I’m waaaay too excited about using the merged one)
If at this point you have any questions regarding all events, or you think we could improve on this post. Let us know in the comments on the post, via discord, twitter…somehow let us know!
We want things to be as clear and easy to follow, as can be. We need your feedback, for that to be viable. Otherwise we’ll just continue on, thinking you all get everything,