Helloooooo! How are we all? (not that I expect a comment but you know, polite to a fault). So today is Wednesday and Wednesdays are book tag days in my world. So today here is my original book tag and I have no friends to tag *cries* so if you want to do this tag, enjoy, and give me the credit please. If you share it on twitter tag me in it @eloisethewriter and I will go read and leave you a comment yada,yada I digress. *sighs*
So if you’re unaware of who The Vamps are *stares at you in disbelief* they’re a band, members are: Brad, Connor, James and Tris. They’re amazing, I love them and their music. And was bored so decided to come up with this tag. Lets goooo!
¸.·´ ¸.·*´¨) *
1) Somebody To You – A book which holds a very special place in your heart
The Infernal Devices by Cassandra Clare. This series was just there when I needed someone, to be there and the characters are my best mates. Honestly, I want to live with them in the London Institute.
2) Risk It All – A character who you think risked a lot, whether emotionally, physically etc…
Ruby Daly from The Darkest Minds series…if I said why I’d spoil it for those who have yet to read it. So I’m not going to say why.
3) Another World – A book which you would want to live in forever
Six of Crows, with the crew, I mean c’mon Kaz, Inej, Nina, Matthias *chokes on tears* I’m saying nothing else…oh and the Night Court in ACOMAF because you know the squad are goals!
4) Wake Up – A book where you wish the/se character/s would realise something that’s literally in front of them
SPOILERS AHEAD FOR THE MORTAL INSTRUMENTS CITY OF ASHES/ CITY OF GLASS
That Clary and Jace would wake up and realise they’re not goddamn siblings, it was frustrating, honestly I wanted to knock their heads together.
4) I Found A Girl – LGBTQ+ themed book with at least one main/side character being in the community
Read Me Like A Book by Liz Kessler. This book is underrated, its so touching. The book describes a year in the life of a seventeen-year-old girl, Ashleigh Walker, as she negotiates her final year at college. It is a turbulent year in which Ash undertakes her A-levels, falls in love with her English teacher, deals with her parents’ divorce…and comes out as gay. I loved how honest it was, and it gives literature more diversity of course also the author herself is gay.
6) Held By Me – Book Boyfriends/Girlfriends
Firstly I just want to say this is a short condensed list of my book boyfriends, because if I listed them all we’d be here all day. In no particular order…
- Adrian from The Vampire Academy/Bloodlines
- Jem and Will from The Infernal Devices
- Newt from The Maze Runner
- Liam from The Darkest Minds
- Rhys from the A Court of Thorns and Roses series
- Aedion and Dorion from the Throne of Glass series
7) Halfway There – Two characters in a book you wished would get together
Inej and Kaz (Six of Crows Duology) OMG don’t even get me started on them. They melt my little heart which has already been melted to a puddle, but still. ‘I know you’re scared to care’ are the perfect lyrics for them. *dies on the floor* nope its fine, just leave me there I’m resting haha
8) All Night – A book which you read through the night because you just HAD to finish it!
I’ve done this with so many of my books but the recent ones are: The Darkest Minds and Never Fade by Alexandra Bracken, they’re the first two books in the trilogy. Along with Passenger also by Alexandra Bracken. (If you have not yet read these books…go read them. Like stop reading this, and go read them, then come back continue reading my post *smiles and passes you a reading a snack*)
9) Same To You – A book/book series that you wish hadn’t been adapted, because its not the same.
Probably City of Bones film, because then they went and made a TV series instead, like whyyyy?! Along with The Vampire Academy because honestly, it’d be much better as a TV series.
10) Stay – A character you wish didn’t die or leave
SPOILERS FOR THE VAMPIRE ACADEMY BOOK 2
Mason from The vampire Academy…I balled my little eyes out! Just hold on a minute and lets have story time with Clo. So imagine just for a moment you’re sitting on your bed, its 2am and you’ve gotten to the part where one of your fav characters dies. My eyes were leaking so much, I saying under my breath ‘nope, nope, nope, nope’ and I was sobbing, I’ve still not gotten over his loss. Like he loved Rose so damned much, yes I shipped them, fight me *brandishes sword made of tears*
I hope you enjoyed this tag, I will try and do some more tags but Wednesday will also be for book reviews.